The following concept is offered for discussion.
1. The new pages would include a "Set Default" dropdown above the table column.
2. Selecting an option on that dropdown forces all dropdowns in the column to the same as selected by "Set Default"
3. The individual dropdowns in the column that need to be different would be manually updated as necessary
4. The Submit button would be clicked and all updates saved.
View the entire season and set availability for each event
- Menu Crew, Availability
- You may set Availability for all events at once using the Set Default Availability selector at the top of the column, then may edit individual events
- If you have a long list of events, the Jump to Next Scheduled Event button scrolls to the next event scheduled based on the current date
- Once availability is modified for any events using the dropdowns, click the floating Submit Changes button
Skipper sets “Availability”, “Position” & “Assignments” for events
Once the Crew is loaded into WordPress as Subscribers and the boat schedule is entered as AI1EC events, the availability of each Crew member is set for each event. Ideally each crew member does this by logging in and setting their availability using the procedure outlined in the Crew Member Team Website Directions manual.
The Skipper may also set availability for any crew member as follows:
Assuming the you are already logged in as the Skipper, do the following to set availability, positions and assignments for any Crew.
- On the top menu, mouse over Skipper then click on Edit Assignments by Crew.
- On the page that opens, click the Select Crew drop down arrow to open the drop down and select a crew member by clicking on the name. If the desired year is not shown, click the drop down to select the year.
- Click the blue Select Crew Name & Year ...to Update button. The screen will update and load information for the selected Crew member.
- The entire season is displayed by event with master selectors at the top of the Availability and Position columns to set all events at once.
- You may change the Crew members availability to Yes, No or Maybe for any event
- You may designate a Crew position using the position drop down for any event.
- You may assign the Crew member a task in the text box such as “Bring Beer”
- Click the floating blue button labeled Submit Changes to save the changes
- The screen refreshes with any changes made - no notifications are sent, unlike when a crew member updates availability
- Crew Change Availability multisite.png (411.36 KiB) Viewed 557 times