Not a Bug: Deleted crew not removed from races

If you find a bug, please report it in this forum.
Captdave

Not a Bug: Deleted crew not removed from races

Post by Captdave »

I have crew that has been deleted from the roster. However, they continue to appear on races. I cannot find a way to remove them. Thank you
admin
Site Admin

Re: Not a Bug: Deleted crew not removed from races

Post by admin »

This is not a bug. The crew database is for all boats and crew may be listed on other boats. If deleted from one site, the crew member still remains in the database. If the crew member logs in on your site after they are deleted they get a message "You are logged in but not a member of the [boat] site so may not view the page".

You may assign that crew member the position of "stay ashore" if they previously signed up for an event and you have deleted them from the crew.

Alternatively if you have a crew member who may be invited back in the future, follow the directions to assign them to the "retired" group per this link in the Skipper's manual.
Crew Manager Administrator
EndeavorSkip

Post by EndeavorSkip »

I have the same issue. It seems like a bug to me because I cannot *assign that [deleted] crew member the position of "stay ashore"* as suggested by admin.

When I go to "Edit Assignments by Event" under the Skipper menu, the deleted crew does not appear anywhere - past events or future events. So I can't assign them as "stay ashore" for future events. But if I select a future event from the Calendar, it shows the deleted crew member in the list of those who have registered for an event, but again the deleted crew member doesn't show in the skipper override drop-down box on that page.

Furthermore, event emails still go to the deleted crew member and the deleted crew member also shows up in regatta weight reports.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I just emailed you directly and will provide a solution if you reply to the specific user in the email.

In the long run I will make an update to Crew Manager so that if a user has set availability on an event, the deleted user may be assigned a position, but may not be added to any other events. This won't happen until I return from the Newport-Bermuda race in early July.
admin
Site Admin

Updated Not a Bug: Deleted crew not removed from races

Post by admin »

Effective 4 July 2024, any user deleted from a site who previously set availability for an event my now be edited by the Skipper. The Skipper or Admin may do this in two places while logged in as Skipper or Admin:

1. The individual event when opened for viewing (not the Event Edit Screen), using the dropdown located after the label Skipper use row below to add a Crew Member, or override data shown above (one event per submission)

2. Under the Skipper Menu Edit Assignments by Event - the deleted users may be edited on existing events but may not be added to other events.