For reasons of human behavior, it seems impossible to get crew to simply enter their smartphone carrier into Crew-Mgr, so that I can use the texting feature.
- Create a button I can auto generate messages to crew that have not done this, to do so.
- Create a warning to me, with a list of crew that have not defined their carrier, so I can bug them next time I see them. In that list, let me override the value based on a conversation I have with each crew member. (much like I can easily change availability for crew for a specific race, have me have a list of crew members with empty carrier or "no" next to send text messages, so I can change the values for many people at the same time)
I suggest the face to face method, which requires no work on my part
1. Have a party!
2. Supply the beer.
3. Everyone takes out their cell phone and looks at who the carrier is
4. Update Crew Manager with the cell phone carrier for everyone
5. Those who do not show up - call and tell them you owe them a beer, but in the meantime, tell me your cell phone carrier!
I'm not sure I have the ability to text a user from the Crew Manager SMTP server if I don't know the cell phone carrier. Probably better to text them from your cell phone directly.
Remember you always have the visibility to see who entered a carrier when logged in by displaying the Crew Roster. When the roster is displayed, check the box to display SMS preferences and click the blue Select Crew Group button above it.
There is now a group on the To: dropdown labeled Crew Having Mobile Number with No Carrier Selected. All sites were updated 10:30pm 24 October 2019.