The Skipper has control over Crew Manager setup, the people listed as Crew on the site, scheduling events, content & details behind the schedule, and assigning crew to events. The PDF manual attached has complete directions for the Skipper to setup and use all features. In summary, Crew Manager works as follows
- Skipper orders Boat Website subscription online with annual or monthly term options
- Skipper loads Crew Members (via spreadsheet CSV file upload or individually typed in Crew Manager admin panel)
- Skipper setup - designate who has Skipper Rights & setup options in Crew Manager admin panel
- Load the Season Schedule - All In One Calendar Events (with extra fields for uniform) in Crew Manager admin panel
- Crew (or Skipper) logs in to set “Availability” for each event - via Crew Manager menu items
- Skipper assigns each available Crew to a position - via Crew Manager menu items
- Skipper designates what to wear and who brings the beer for an event - via Crew Manager menu items
- Automatic Email reminders and text messages are sent to Crew 36 hours (or as set by Skipper) in advance
- Go Sailing and win races!
- Skipper records race results and posts commentary about the race
- If an Event must be cancelled (e.g. bad weather) the Skipper clicks a Cancel Event Immediately button. Crew scheduled for the event are immediately notified of the cancellation via email.
The Skipper may use menu items in Crew Manager to help manage other aspects. Fields are included in each Crew member's profile to record mobile phone number, weight, World Sailing (ISAF) Sailor ID, World Sailing Sailor Classification, US Sailing Membership number, shirt size and jacket size. The Skipper may also assign Crew to groups including Core Crew, All Posts and Retired. Settings are available for the Skipper to enter One Design weight limits, and to select if the Helm weight is included in the limit. These settings allow Skipper menu items to be used when the Skipper is logged in.
- Regatta Weight Report (includes Sailor Classification) - Allows Skipper to see sum of weights for crew assigned to an event. If One Design limits are entered, the amount under/over the limit is shown. Standby crew are shown in a separate list on the same page. It also displays the World Sailing Category declared by each crew member. A button is available to automatically validate the World Sailing Classification for each Crew member using the World Sailing database. Links are provided to the US Sailing and World Sailing profiles for each crew member.
- Crew Shirt Size Report - When the Skipper needs to buy swag for the Crew, this report includes a matrix of shirt and jacket sizes for each crew member. The report may be run for the Core Crew, All Posts, Active and Inactive (Retired) groups.
- Crew Position Assignment Report - A consolidated summary of Crew Position Assignments for a calendar year is available as a one page, printable report. This report counts people against positions for a season and displays a color coded matrix. It is helpful for Skippers who try to balance crew position assignments over a season.
- Skipper Send Email - Provides full featured email capability so the Skipper may compose and send messages to Crew associated with any event or the pre-defined groups selected from a drop down menu. No need to look up crew email addresses for entry in your email program.