Feature Exists: Weather Page Editing

If you have a suggestion for a new feature or modification, please post in this forum.
jawoodfield

Post by jawoodfield »

Is it possible to edit and expand the Weather Page? I like having what is there but would like to be able to add my SailFlow Page PredictWind, and even some of my local weather data. And not just as a link but the actual window (like Windy) and specific location? Right now I just set up URL links in the Link Page. Thanks in advance for looking into it.
Jerry Woodfield
Shada
J/109 #44
Seattle, WA
jawoodfield

Re: Weather Page Editing

Post by jawoodfield »

Update- just as I posted this, I did see there is a Weather Page in the WP admin, just had to go to the second page. But should I edit it? Does it edit like other pages?
Jerry Woodfield
Shada
J/109 #44
Seattle, WA
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Jerry,

The Weather page is not able edited with the Skipper login. This level of modification requires admin access to WordPress for your site. You may request admin access but are required to register a separate account to log in, and not use it for routine Crew Manager access, only to customize your site. When your site was setup, the Windy weather and radar displays were setup for your local sailing area. You may add additional displays on the page. If you look at the Links page on your site, you may edit that with just Skipper rights, no Admin rights needed. On this page I put a number of weather resources local for Newport, RI. You could change these to whatever you would like, and add others. All this may be done with your existing rights. You will see an edit link displayed at the top of the Links, About and Photo pages.

Should you want to do editing on other pages there is a section in the Skipper Manual titled Customize a Crew Manager Site where you may obtain more information.
Crew Manager Administrator