The existing routine that checks once per hour for upcoming event reminders will also look to see if this new long lead reminder is set, and will send the reminder at the appropriate time if it is set.
The annotated picture below shows the area on the Modify Settings page where the dropdown will be added.
- extra-reminder-selection.png (719.72 KiB) Viewed 235 times
Scheduling event reminders is done as follows:
- Log in as Skipper on the boat website
- Mouse over Skipper on the menu and click on WordPress Admin
- On the left side WordPress Admin menu, mouse over Crew Manager and click on Modify Settings
- The Modify Settings page opens.
- Select the number of days in advance using the dropdown initially labeled Not Sent next to Reminder 1 to choose the desired number of days lead time. Once saved, this will display the saved selection in the future. This is the "Long Lead" reminder and may be left as Not Sent if no 2nd email reminder is desired.
- Next to Reminder 2 type number of hours prior to event a reminder should be sent. This defaults to 48 hours and is the "Normal" reminder that existed before the "Long Lead" reminder was added to Crew Manager.
- Scroll down and click the blue Save All Changes button.
- reminder-email-settings.png (468.88 KiB) Viewed 209 times