In Australia you cant obtain an MMSI for a COSPAS/SARSAT PLB.
The Custom Reports available on the Skipper menu now include the 9 digit MMSI and 15 Hex digit EPIRB as selectable fields to produce a report.
The personal EPIRB input is validated when it is saved using the following rules:
1. It must contain 15 characters - Error code displayed: Error: Incorrect number of hex digits: 15 required, # entered
2. All characters must be valid hexadecimal (0-9, a-f, A-F) - Error code displayed: | A2C3B | 4F551 | 09FFS | Error: Invalid hex digits highlighted in red.
When the profile is saved (by scrolling down and clicking the blue Update Profile button) the input is validated. The saved input is displayed with 3 groups of 5 hexadecimal digits to make viewing easier. If there is an error when validated against the rules above, the error messages listed will be displayed next to the input field.
Below are annotated user profile pictures showing the section with the relevant fields.
- Phone Display - EPIRB Inputs
- epirb-input-phone.png (176.04 KiB) Viewed 235 times
- Desktop Display - EPIRB Inputs
- epirb-input-desktop.png (259.76 KiB) Viewed 235 times