(1) Copy Current Event button - create a copy of the current event (published or unpublished) in a new tab, change name to event name + copy - purpose, when creating a multi day event, avoid the need to copy information such as the event name (usually changes only by adding Day 2, Day 3, etc.), location, and other details. Bonus - If when going to select publish/update, give an error message if the date/time matches another entry, and ask the user after showing the error message, ask are you sure y/n so they can accept or go back and change date/time
(2) Copy Past Event button - create a copy of a past event (published or unpublished) in a new tab, after pressing button provide the user a drop down box of the past events for the last 12 or 24 months. User chooses, change name to event name + copy. (this is currently possible through another menu, copy events from yourself or other boats, this method may be faster, for example creating 14 Wednesday races)
(3) Event Location. Provide a drop down box of locations to choose, based on past fills of this field in other events.
(4) Start/End Time. Provide a drop down box of times to choose, based on past fills of these two fields in other events.
(5) Event Defaults. Allow the owner to set up defaults for : Boat Location, Start and end time, and perhaps others and in doing so leave some defaults blank.
(6) Event, Mandatory Fields. Alow the owner to set which Event fields must be populated, and error if they are not. kind of a reminder to fill in fields such as Categories, Boat Location, Notice of Race.
(1) and (2), perhaps place the buttons to the right of "Edit Event [Add New]" perhaps [Copy This Event] [Copy Other Event]
(3) Add check box line above Location Details, [ ] Choose Past location [drop down], if someone checks the box, than the drop down becomes active,
(4) Add check box line above All Day Event [ ] Choose Past Start / End Time Combination [drop down], if someone checks the box, than the drop down becomes active, listing all the combinations that had been used by the captain in the past. (or) rethinking this a bit, populate the drop down only with a few options, setup with Eent Defaults described in 5/6 below.
(5 & 6) Perhaps an option in the admin section, just above Organize, call it Event Defaults
List the various fields that make sense to have a default, Like Location. For each field have a check mark for mandatory, and a check mark for default to, with the default to field value shoring to the right? Combine in this, rethinking (4) a bit, allow the user to create a list of default times rather than in (4) making the dropdown all the combinations used in the past.
These thoughts are helpful to figure out the intended desire and means to implement.
Copy Events: (1) and (2) I think I've got a good idea on these and can work with that.
Location Details: (3) I may use a variation on how Teamsnap handles locations and provide a screen so skippers can build their own location details, then in the event creation/edit screen offer a dropdown to select a stored location using the logic to select and populate the location information from the dropdown, or if no location selected the user may manually populate location information in the event.
Default Start / End Times: (4) - this still needs more thought and appears to be cumbersome if left on its own.
Event Defaults: (5) I could see this as a single option only so the skipper could set in one place default start/end time, default location, default club / organizing authority, and default image. This would display whenever a new event is created, and the skipper could type over / change when the event is open for creation. I don't want to clutter the creation screen with too many options because I think it would confuse people.
Event, Mandatory Fields: (6) - This could be done as annotation of the text such as a red asterisk next to mandatory fields to highlight an entry is needed. Adding error checking is overkill and would put too much overhead