* Include the ability to add retired crew, without having to unretire them (preferred, or) pop them out of retirement (remove from retire group) if that is needed for some reason.
- When the selection is made any changed values will be saved the same as if the Submit Changes button was clicked
- The Screen will refresh with the number of rows added on the selected event to add/modify crew members based on the drop down selection, similar to the single line that currently exists on all events.
- If the Retired Crew checkbox was selected, retired crew will be available to add in the added drop down list(s) with active crew members.
- After selecting additional crew from the drop down(s), the Submit Changes button is clicked to save the changes similar to the current method.
- Note that only a single event at a time may have additional rows added
- add-crew-concept.png (546.95 KiB) Viewed 1255 times
1. Instead of the text "Skipper select number of crew to Add or modify", should it read "Skipper select number of crew to Add"
2. If the user selects 8, but then only adds four names, or even one, that is ok, right? If that is ok, then why not just make the button "Click to add crew", and create 8 places to add crew rather than have the skipper potentially enter the wrong number (e.g. pick 3, when he wanted to add 4)
The text on a prototype screen I'm working on now says Add 1 to 8 more Crew Members to event. The other wording is a holdover from the [crew] shortcode that I should have changed for this anyway.
The reason to make a selectable number is to minimize the processing, but any unused lines will be ignored on the update so no harm in adding more than you need. Some only have boats with 4 crew, so 8 is overkill for them.
The Edit Assignments by Event screen is shown. The new Add Crew section is annotated.
Screen shows Event annotated to add two crew (before Click to Add Crew button clicked)
Top of page shown after screen refresh. Note the text on Jump button has changed
Jump button was clicked to reposition screen. Section was added with options to select and assign 2 crew.
Same screen as above showing selections made, before Submit Changes button clicked.
Screen after submission showing the selections submitted.