Bugs Fixed: Extremely Minor issues in WordPress Admin / Events

If you find a bug, please report it in this forum.
dancorcoran

Bugs Fixed: Extremely Minor issues in WordPress Admin / Events

Post by dancorcoran »

WordPress Admin / Events

1. Filter Does not correctly Work
i. Some months of the year are not an option to choose, for example I cannot filter on October
ii. Not all events appear. For example choosing July 2019 only shows 3 events, when there are more

2. When deleting [crew] from the description field it automatically appears again next time I edit (sometimes I don't desire for crew to enter availability)

3. When choosing dates in drop down view, week starts with Monday even though Week Starts with Sunday was choosen in General Settings

4. Events that span multiple days will only appear across multiple days in Crew Calendar if captain checked All-Day event, otherwise captain needs to duplicate entry in additional days spanned by an event
admin
Site Admin

Re: Extremely Minor issues in WordPress Admin / Events

Post by admin »

Annotating the bugs reported:

WordPress Admin / Events

i. Some months of the year are not an option to choose, for example I cannot filter on October
ii. Not all events appear. For example choosing July 2019 only shows 3 events, when there are more
*** Concur - this is a bug with the All in One Event Calendar plugin. I will report this to Time.ly (plugin developer) so they may address the issue.

2. When deleting [crew] from the description field it automatically appears again next time I edit (sometimes I don't desire for crew to enter availability)
Not a bug - Crew Manager was setup to automatically add [crew] to every event. There would be more errors if [crew] was not added and Skippers had to add it manually. If you don't want crew to update availability. put Canceled in the event subject line, or use the cancel event immediately button. If you use the button, any scheduled crew will get notified.

3. When choosing dates in drop down view, week starts with Monday even though Week Starts with Sunday was choosen in General Settings
Not a bug - this must be set in two places. First in the All in One Event Calendar mouse over Event and click on Settings. On the Viewing Events tab there is a selector labeled Week starts on where you choose the day of the week and then click Save Settings at the bottom. Second, mouse over Settings and click on General. Scroll to the bottom and a field labeled Week Starts On has a dropdown. Choose the desired day, the click on Save Changes.

4. Events that span multiple days will only appear across multiple days in Crew Calendar if captain checked All-Day event, otherwise captain needs to duplicate entry in additional days spanned by an event
*** Understood - Please read this FAQ Tips for Creating & Splitting Repeating Events (e.g. Regatta Series) and let me know if it makes sense on how multiple day events are handled.
Crew Manager Administrator
admin
Site Admin

Bug Fixed: Extremely Minor issues in WordPress Admin / Events

Post by admin »

Dan previously reported the following bug that I annotated in August 2019:

*** Concur - this is a bug with the All in One Event Calendar plugin. I will report this to Time.ly (plugin developer) so they may address the issue.

The Time.ly plugin was not updated to correct this. As a result, I created an updated routine to correct this problem, and augmented the event list in the admin screen to make it more usable. The screen shot below is annotated with the updates. This was incorporated in all sites on 24 February 2023.
Attachments
admin-event-display.png
admin-event-display.png (959.25 KiB) Viewed 20741 times
Crew Manager Administrator