Bug Fixed: Cannot change crew assignments by event

If you find a bug, please report it in this forum.
BostonZee

Post by BostonZee »

Link to page where bug noticed: http://dopo.crew-mgr.com/edit-assignments-by-event/
Device Used: Mac
Web Browser and Version if known: Safari Version 12.1.1 (14607.2.6.1.1)
Critical Failure?: No
What Happened?: I typically log in, then select Edit Assignments by Event from the Skipper dropdown menu, so I can see who has said yes to an event and then assign them as "crew" position. When I try to do this for event scheduled in July and August that works fine, but for events in Sept once I hit Submit Changes, nothing changes in the status of the crew.
Steps to Reproduce: I logged out, closed Safari and rebooted the Mac, but the problem persists. I am able to edit by crew member for September events, but not by event.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I was able to reproduce the problem. The issue was a PHP memory limit setting on the server related to max_input_vars set to 1000. I increased this to 5000 and the problem is fixed. There is a large array I create to store all the availability, position and assignments for each crew member by event on that page before it is saved to the database. When you have a boat as active as J/112e dopodomaini with lots of crew, it is easy to blow past the memory limit I initially set. All sites now have this value increased to 5000.
Crew Manager Administrator