The WordPress plugin “Import users from CSV with meta” is installed on all sites to allow a convenient method to import a list of users all at once. This is typically only done when Crew Manager is initially setup for a boat.
- Download the attached spreadsheet and save on your hard drive.
- Open in Excel and populate each row in the spreadsheet with Crew information under the column names. The only mandatory fields are Username and email. Other fields are optional and may be edited later in the WordPress user’s profile by either the Skipper or the Crew member. There are comments in the template. Delete these comments.
- Save the spreadsheet, first in native Excel format (allows easier updates in the future), then using the Save As menu option in Excel as a CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv) text file.
- Log in to your Crew Manager site as the Skipper if you have multiple logins.
- Once logged in mouse over Skipper on the menu and click on WordPress Admin.
- The WordPress Admin screen will load. On the left side menu, mouse over Tools and click on Import users from CSV.
The plugin will load and provide a plethora of options. If this is a one time upload, just use the default settings.
- Click on the Choose File button located to the right of the CSV file (required) label. When the dialog box opens, navigate to the directory where the CSV file containing the Crew was saved and select the file.
- Click on the blue button at the bottom of the plugin Admin screen labeled Start Importing.