Better Calendar integration for Outlook Office 365

If you have a suggestion for a new feature or modification, please post in this forum.
dancorcoran

Better Calendar integration for Outlook Office 365

Post by dancorcoran »

Responding to a request for features, I have this one for you:

I cannot make good use of the existing calendar integration. Crew-Manager events only appear in my desktop outlook calendar, not on my mobile device. I think this has something to do with Crew-Managers 3rd party link wanting to create a separate calendar called" Strider.Crew-Mgr.com"

Rather than having to enter telephone numbers of crew twice, once into crew-manager and once into my smartphone contact list, it would be really really great if crew-manager roster information appeared in my smartphone contacts list for both my crew, and I.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Better Calendar integration for Outlook Office 365

Post by admin »

Dan,

I'm not sure why Office 365 does not display the calendar on Mobile. It uses standard ICS format and I know it works on both Android Google calendars and Apple iPhone calendars. I may need to have a seperate tech phone call with you to learn what Office 365 is or is not doing.

Note the contacts portion of this thread is covered in the thread Crew Manager Crew Roster appears in smartphone contact list
I'll research to see how contacts may be imported to your phone. I'm sure as a minimum an export file could be created from Crew Manager that would allow the phone to import the contacts. I'm not as confident that a real time "contact sync" could be performed.
Crew Manager Administrator
admin
Site Admin

Feature Exists: Better Calendar integration for Outlook Office 365

Post by admin »

Further research with this request reveals that many corporate firewalls are setup to block the ports used to sync the calendar externally. Working with their IT folks, these users were able to get the Outlook 365 calendar to properly sync with Crew Manager.
Crew Manager Administrator
dancorcoran

Re: Better Calendar integration for Outlook Office 365

Post by dancorcoran »

When I wrote that I was using office365 version, no firewalls.