For both New Crew and Crew that forgot their password: This provides directions on how to set your password or reset a forgotten password. Whenever your use this procedure to set your password, the Skipper receives automatic notification that your password has been set, but does not receive your password. If anyone has a problem with logging and setting their password, please email the Skipper for help!
- Go to the boat website (web address provided by the Skipper)
- On the menu far right, click on Log in
- The Login window opens – below the login box click on Lost your password?
- Enter your username shown as Display Name provided by the Skipper, or use your email address. Type either in the User Name or Email address blank, then click Get New Password and a page with password reset direction opens.
- Check your email for a message with the title [boat name] Password Reset. It should arrive immediately - check your spam folder if it is not in your inbox.
- Inside the email is a link to click to reset your password
- This opens a window with a box to enter your new password that will already have random characters in it. Delete that and enter whatever password you want. Although use of a strong password is encouraged, the password does not need to be at least 12 characters long. You may need to check an acknowledgement box to Confirm use of weak password
- Click Reset Password. The password is stored and you are automatically directed to the boat's website. Click on Log in located on the right side of the menu bar.
- You now see the original Login window. Enter your username and password, then click Login. Note that both the username and password are case sensitive.