The team website has features crew members will use throughout the sailing season. In a nutshell, the team website provides a “Who, What, When, Where and Wear” schedule with automatic reminders. After an event, the results may be posted and crew members may submit comments, pictures and stories about the event.
- Provides a calendar of events for the boat and crew. Additional pages contain links of interest, weather and winds
- Events include boat location and time to be there and may specify “Uniform” (e.g. orange shirts). It also may include the boat registration and fee payment status for an event.
- Crew members set their availability to participate - this is displayed on the events.
Note as a courtesy to the Skipper crew members needing to change availability should do so as early as possible so replacements may be found. Updating your availability on the website sends an immediate email to the Skipper.
- The Skipper designates boat positions for available crew members and makes assignments by crew member (e.g. bring beer) - all these are displayed on the event
- Additional information may be included such as weather forecast, tides & currents, links to race documents, etc.
- Crew members receive a reminder email (and text message if desired) 36 hours (or time as as set by the Skipper) prior to events for which they are scheduled - all the event information is included
- Crew members may view a roster with contact information for all crew members. This is only visible to crew members logged in.
Use version 2.3 attached to the bottom post for the most recent updates.