Feature Incorporated: More Administrative control over portions of website

If you have a suggestion for a new feature or modification, please post in this forum.
Captdave

Feature Incorporated: More Administrative control over portions of website

Post by Captdave »

I would like to ask for more user control over the Boat tab and it’s sub-tabs. Also some limited ability to change the appearance, but not the structure of the Home page. Wordpress is not only powerful, but it can make managing the website easier. I am making these suggestions because I think it is important that each website reflect the nature of the team it represents. That is, if that team wishes to express its individuality. Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: More Administrative control over portions of website

Post by admin »

Dave,

Is this request for adding an extra menu item as we previously discussed which was something like: I would like to have an additional page added to the Boat menu so that the content may be edited similar to the edit capability on About, Photos and Links pages. The name of the additional page should be flexible so it may be set as desired.

Assuming this is what you want, have added the ability for the Skipper to check a box to enable the page and fill in a text box with the desired name of the page. When this is done, the page will show up on the menu and may be opened. When the page is opened from the menu, there will be an edit link at the top that permits opening the page with whatever content you desire.

Below is an annotated screenshot that shows the Admin Setup tab displayed when Crew Manager Settings is accessed in WordPress Admin. As soon as the settings are saved, your new custom page will be displayed under the Boat menu.

The Skipper Manual has complete directions at this link.
Attachments
Adding-Custom-Menu-desktop.png
Adding-Custom-Menu-desktop.png (805.32 KiB) Viewed 5268 times
Crew Manager Administrator