Feature Incorporated: Improved Email Sending Screen Responsiveness

If you have a suggestion for a new feature or modification, please post in this forum.
admin
Site Admin

Feature Incorporated: Improved Email Sending Screen Responsiveness

Post by admin »

Improved Screen Responsiveness when Sending Emails: John Brynjolfsson from TP52 Saga runs a program with a large crew distribution list. He uses Crew manager mostly from his phone. John reported when using Crew Manager Skipper Send Email to a large list, it would take a long time for him to regain control after pressing send. Based on John's comments, the Crew Manager email architecture was modified. Rather than sending the email directly and waiting for the email sending to complete, emails are added to a que and scheduled for sending in the background. The background task is triggered as soon as the email que is set. The result is immediate control is regained after pressing send. The emails are sent in the background without delay. There is no change to the user interface, as this just happens!
Crew Manager Administrator
Captdave

Re: Feature Incorporated: Improved Email Sending Screen Responsiveness

Post by Captdave »

I have a related suggestion. My concern is not so much with responsiveness, but with acknowledgement. When an email is sent, the screen does not change. Recently, I sent the same email several times before I realized that I had actually pressed the submit button. When I checked my email I had the same email three times. My suggestion is that when an email is sent either the screen refresh to a blank email or change to a new screen with a message indicating that it has been sent.

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Feature Incorporated: Improved Email Sending Screen Responsiveness

Post by admin »

It does put a banner on the screen. Below is the screen shot of a test message I sent to myself using Skipper Send Email.

Note that if you are in the sent email group, just wait a few seconds for the email to reach your inbox. Depending on the internet email routing and your email service provider this may be almost instantaneous, to a few minutes.
Attachments
send_email_screen_banner.png
send_email_screen_banner.png (237.57 KiB) Viewed 14562 times
Crew Manager Administrator