Feature Incorporated: Auto Create a text messaging thread on smartphone

If you have a suggestion for a new feature or modification, please post in this forum.
dancorcoran

Feature Incorporated: Auto Create a text messaging thread on smartphone

Post by dancorcoran »

Don't know if this is possible either.

Would be great if from Crew-Mgr, I can click on an event and have a text message auto-generated to my phone with everyone's telephone number included, rather than manually creating a thread picking peoples names one at a time. There are functions inside text messaging that don't exist in Crew-Mgr.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Auto Create a text messaging thread on smartphone

Post by admin »

Dan - I'll research this and see if it is possible. I know the information with the phone numbers is there. What I don't know if there is a way to have this interface with the phone.
Crew Manager Administrator
admin
Site Admin

Re: Feature Incorporated: Auto Create a text messaging thread on smartphone

Post by admin »

This feature has been incorporated and is available on all sites as of 9:20pm 24 October 2019. When a Skipper is logged in on a mobile phone there is now a blue button on each event below the red Cancel Event Immediately button labeled Compose SMS Text to Crew. When this button is clicked, it opens the SMS text application on a phone with the address field pre-populated with the mobile numbers of each crew member assigned on the event. Crew "Not Available" or marked as "Stay Ashore" are not included. The button does not appear on a desktop display.

The texting feature is also available on the Crew Roster display. When a Skipper is logged in on a mobile phone there is now a blue button below the crew liste labeled SMS Text xxx Group where xxx is the name of the group currently selected for the Crew Roster. When this button is clicked, it opens the SMS text application on a phone with the address field pre-populated with the mobile numbers of displayed group.

The picture below shows the new button on a phone display for an event.
Attachments
compose-sms-text-to-crew.png
compose-sms-text-to-crew.png (210.97 KiB) Viewed 7983 times
Crew Manager Administrator