Feature Incorporated: Crew Pictures

If you have a suggestion for a new feature or modification, please post in this forum.
dancorcoran

Feature Incorporated: Crew Pictures

Post by dancorcoran »

Crew members can export pictures from their smartphone photo application directly to Crew-Mgr, just like they can to a text message, whats app, email app, etc.

That people can do that easily today from smartphones, would be great to have within Crew-Mgr App. Don't know if this is possible.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Crew Pictures

Post by admin »

Dan,

Can you please provide a little more context on this? Would the pictures be associated with an event and posted to an event? A separate photo page? Something else?

FYI - when My crew has pictures, they are usually in Google photos or dropbox so a link to the photos can be added. Don't get me started about iPhone photos in the iCloud - Apple hijacks the protocol so even when the picture is a jpg, won't allow people to display it unless the Apple photo app is installed. My daughter had an iPhone and iPad and added a Google account for the photos so Grandma didn't have to buy an iDevice to view grandkid photos.
Crew Manager Administrator
admin
Site Admin

Re: Feature Incorporated: Crew Pictures

Post by admin »

Using the Comment feature on an event, crew are now able to post and upload a picture if they are logged in. There is a 4mb limit per picture. The pictures are saved in the boat website media upload folder.

This is intended for crew to post an image or two for an event. It isn't meant to dump a stream of photos from your phone. If someone has many photos on their phone they desire to share, something like Google photos should be used and link provided to the shared photo folder.
Crew Manager Administrator