Closed: State of Boat - - racing or not.

If you have a suggestion for a new feature or modification, please post in this forum.
epiphany_CM_support

Closed: State of Boat - - racing or not.

Post by epiphany_CM_support »

I would like a simple way to manage the 'state of a particular race.' I'll base this discussion on a few scenarios.

1. When something comes up for me and I can't race but everyone has signed up. I don't want to cancel event and remove from calendar. I'd like one button to click that keeps event on calendar (perhaps turns the calendar view red), and sends a notice to the crew that we are not racing (with an explanation that I supply).

2. Insufficient crew. I generally have the problem of being short on crew (or in some cases short for a kite, but OK for causing class. It would be nice to have a visual interface to find situations where I am short (maybe yellow color on the calendar view) and I could go into the event and send out an email blast to remind my "core crew" to sign up quickly or the event will be cancelled.
admin
Site Admin

Re: State of Boat - - racing or not.

Post by admin »

Nick,

Item 1 - Canceling an event does not remove it from the calendar when the Cancel Event Immediately button available to the Skipper who is logged in is clicked. It adds "Canceled" as a prefix to the event title and includes in red letters "Event Canceled" in the description. The crew is immediately notified automatically. You may then use the Skipper Send Email capability to select that event and send a supplementary email to those scheduled for the event you canceled, which is available in the "To" dropdown. Thus the existing features do what you want.

Item 2 - If you go to the calendar agenda view and click expand all, you can see the actual crew and at the bottom a tally of the number of crew confirmed and number as maybe. Does that do what you are looking for?
Crew Manager Administrator